Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Expanding Worldview -- The American Sentiment:
While preparing to go to Ireland, I realized that many countries don’t have the best outlook on Americans due to some of our stereotypes and the Anti-American sentiment. Although I heard everyone in Ireland was very friendly, I was still a little nervous to see how we would be treated due to us being from America. Once we were in Ireland, I was very shocked to how genuine and kind each person we came in contact with was. Everyone was always happy to help if we needed directions, and every person I met was extremely friendly and loved to hear about America and where we were from. Being able to experience Ireland’s culture and amazing people has been something I will always remember!



1 comment:

  1. Agreed!!! Even today when we were lost someone over heard us saying we were confused where we were going and they stopped to help us! The people in this country are so kind and they have made this experience even better!
    -alex

    ReplyDelete